»

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cilantro-Lime Chicken in a Green Chili Cream Sauce

One of my favorite foods are chilis, especially green chilis. It must have something to do with the time I spent in New Mexico. I am absolutely in love with green chilis. If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner, than this Cilantro-Lime Chicken in a Green Chili Cream sauce is delicious and don't worry about it being too spicy, because the chilis I use are very mild. It also helps to remove all the seeds, that are responsible for all the heat of the chili.

I don't know where I found the recipe, but I've made my own adjustments.

1.5 lbs chicken
1 Anaheim chili, seeded and diced
2 Tbls. butter
1/2 red onion
1/4 cup of white wine
3/4-1 cup heavy cream
1/8 cup cilantro
1 lime

First I sauteed the chicken in the the butter until it turns golden brown, about 7 minutes until the temp of the chicken reached 165F. Then I added the onion and the chilis to the pan. If  you need to add more butter that's fine. I love butter. Saute the onion and chilis until they are soft. I then add the wine to deglaze the pan, and then I added the cream. Finally I shredded the chicken, (you don't have too) and added it to the cream sauce. Garnish with lime.
For the rice I just made a pilaf and added some tri color peppers to it.

No comments: