»

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Last night reminded me of one of Janet Evanovich's novels, and I was Stephanie Plum. That poor girl has more bad things happen to her than the law allows. One thing after another. Once we got out the door to go Trick-or-Treating everything was fine. The kids had a blast, and came home with more candy to last the rest of the year! I had everything somewhat planned, carve pumpkin after kids got out of school, have dinner, get dressed and GO! What's that saying about the best layed plans....HA! My daughter decided to stay after school for a new Art club. My other daughter decided to get her costume down and play with it. I searched high and low, the entire house couldn't find it! I'll probably find it this weekend when I clean her room.She still had her fairy wings, and a really cute feather boa. I just dressed her in one of her gorgeous dresses with makeup and she still looked like a fairy princess. My son's insulin pump came off, and I had to fix it, when it came to prime the pump with insulin, it told me MOTOR ERROR, somehow after a couple attempts, we got it working, and as for the pumpkin carving, Note to myself next year, do it the day before, too many things to do around dinner and getting ready! Some of the fun things that happened last night. One woman's house we went to was a witch, was that you Wystful, she had the loudest, scariest witchy cackle that the whole street could hear! It was great! Another house went all out and was decorated like the cemetary from The Nightmare Before Christmas with Jack the Pumpkin King, and had all these Egyptian statues and a sarcophogus(sp?). Lots of Pumpkins and spooky ghost lights. The most interesting costume I saw was this woman had a pink T-Shirt and pretended to be pregnant, with Britney across her chest and a fake blond wig. One man dressed as a wizard with a creepy face, scared Katelyn half to death, and my son just told him BOO! It was cute! My husband got in it. He got his black overcoat and a glow in the dark skeleton mask, played the music from the UnderTaker (WWF) off his laptop and put in some black lights in his garage. He had fun passing out candy. Another funny thing, while I was feeding the baby her bottle, Josh was pushing the stroller for me. By this time his candy sack was feeling very heavy, as we approached this house one of the mothers started laughing. They thought it was cute, the baby was out of the stroller, and the candy was in!HA HA! That was a sure sign it was time to go home!
Don't forget to vote over at Kailani's for her Halloween Costume contest! Please put a vote in for Lindsay's 'Lil Pink Panther costume for Cutest Kid!

2 comments:

Catch said...

My gf who lives across the street and I always pass out candy.....I told her next year we are dressing up and going out causing havoc!!!! I seen a lot of adults dressed up and I think it would be fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite an eventful halloween! I just keep reminding myself...as long as the kids have fun..as long as the kids have fun...