»

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Beautiful Banner Courtesy of Wystful
13 of my All Time Favorite Movie Quotes! 1.)Colonel Jessep (Jack Nicholson): You want answers? Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I want the truth! Jessep: You can't handle the truth! ~ "A Few Good Men" 2.)Dolly Parton-Steel Magnolias Smile, it enhances your face value! 3.)Tom Hanks-Forrest Gump "Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get." 4.)Paul Michael Glaser - 'Money is the world's curse.' Topol - 'Well, then may the Lord smite me with it. And may I never recover!' *Fiddler on the Roof* 5.)"It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces." -Renee Zellweger *Bridget Jones's Diary* 6.)It is not our abilities that tell us what we truly are. It is our choices." -Richard Harris Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 7.)I'm just your mother. You only owe me your entire existence on this planet. * Addams Family * 8.)A man may be the head of the household, but the woman is the neck... and she can turn the head any way she wants. * My Big Fat Greek Wedding* 9.)Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. * The Shawshank Redemption * 10.)Westley: Life is pain, Highness! Anyone who says otherwise is selling something. *The Princess Bride* 11.)Male Dancer: Chewing gum helps me think. Albert: Sweetie, you're wasting your gum. *The Birdcage* 12.)Henry: I have not slept for fear I would wake and find this but a dream. *Ever After* 13.)Define irony. Irony is a bunch of idiots singing a song on plane made famous by a band that died in a plane crash. *Con Air* Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

16 comments:

Norma said...

I couldn't remember a line unless prompted. Did you see all of these?

My TT is up.

Wystful1 said...

I always LOVE these T 13s with movie quotes as I love movies!!!

Great list.

Drop by and see the T 13 new banners I made. Take one take all!!!

Trish Ess said...

Love 7, 11 and 13. Great list!

My TT are up.

Carmen said...

Great Princess Bride quote. I could add about 500 more, but I'll spare you. :)

Uisce said...

I love quoting from movies. But I can rarely think of a good one!

Kimba said...

Very fun way to start the day! Makes me want to go rent a bunch of dvds! "Have fun storming the castle!" Hope you'll stop by!

Unknown said...

2, 8, 6, 9, 10, & 12-love those! Especially #8! I think that is so true! Neat post! Thanks for visiting today!

Fida said...

i <3 #8!!

Margaret said...

Great List! So often I forget a movie after I watch it and what had made me laugh. Thanks for reminding me. -Margie

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

i love forest gump. I never get sick of that movie!

Ladybug Crossing said...

Thanks for dropping by my TT. Yours is terrific! How do you remember all those lines??
LBC

Froggie said...

Love the list! :) One of my favourite movies is the Princess Bride and Forrest Gump.... :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Bar L. said...

All of these are so good! The first three are my fave. I just love "A Few Good Men".

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

these are really great - one of my favorites from Steele Magnolia's is - "No one cries alone in my presence"

Great list - I played too

Scone said...

I quote Princess Bride more than all other movies put together. Steel Magnolias is also a great quote movie.

Tracy S said...

Great quotes... very good idea for a TT.. I am not sure I could remember 13 off the top of my head.

I Love the Adams family quote :)