»

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Beautiful banner courtesy of Denise!
This Thursday is extra special for me. This Thursday is July 13, and on this day 6 yrs. ago, my son Joshua was born. He's got this personality that reminds me of the energizer bunny. He just keeps going, and going, and going!! He also has the most gorgeous blue eyes, I've ever seen. He's got the best of both worlds, I tease my husband he's going to be a computer/jock...He's a whiz on the computer, and he's great at sports. He loves to play baseball, and basketball, loves to bowl and golf.
1.) The day he was born I needed to be induced. The pain was very intense, and I got the shakes really bad, my husband thought I was the exorcist.-2000
2.)He learned to walk on Mother's Day,2001! Right to me!
3.)He is the pickiest eater! The boy can eat P,B&J sandwiches everyday of his life! He hates mashed potatoes or any potatoe for that matter, except potato chips.
4.) Like I said he's a whiz on the computer. One day my husband came home, and asked me why I had downloaded so many free video games from MSN...Wasn't ME! He figured it out at
3 yrs. old!
5.) He inherited my husband's clutzy gene, if there is such a gene to describe the boy has two left feet. And has absolutely no depth perception. Like in the movie Shark Tale, he could trip on air!
6.) Did I mention he amazes me on how he handles dealing with being a diabetic. He checks the carb count, and knows how much insulin to give himself, at 5yrs. old, the nurses are even amazed at his school.
7.)He reminds me of Dennis the Menace. Getting into trouble, but I can't get mad no matter how hard I try!
8.) I ask him who loves him, and he always replies, You do Mom! Then I ask him, If I love him Just a Little! And he tells me No, Bunches and Bunches, and then gives me a big squeeze!
9.) You can tell Diabetes doesn't slow him down. Sometimes I ask God why he didn't send me a child who wasn't always going. A child like my oldest who was so much more calm and not as restless, with less energy!
10.) 2 of the Funniest things he's come up with are
His BloodSugar was High, and I asked him if he was Sneaking Potato Chips, He tells me NO, he only touched the bag! If you can believe that!
His BloodSugar was High at school, and the Nurse asked him Why! He tells the Nurse, My mommy forced me to eat Sugar Cereal! Like any child has to be forced to eat Lucky Charms!
11.) When he was born, I thought something was wrong with him. He was pure white, I thought he was either an albino or a ghost! Now he's a blondie, and starting to get a nice tan! Don't know why, but his nickname was Casper for awhile!
12.) There is no love like his. He always likes to cuddle. He gives great hugs and will give a kiss now that he's in 1st grade under protest, but tonight we went shopping , and he held my arm.
#13 I'll post a pic tomorrow of him after his Party!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

30 comments:

Laura said...

awwww!!!
happy birthday joshua! what an amazing man you already are!
thanks for visiting my tt.

Catch said...

Happy birthday to Joshua!! He sounds like a happy little boy!!! I hope you all have lots of fun on his birthday!!!!

Catch said...

hey! I just was read some of your blog and want to thank you for mentioning my blog! Very kind of you!!!! I was very suprised!!! And very appreciative!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to an incredible little man.

Juggling Mother said...

ahhh, he sounds lovely. Happy birthday Joshua - and well done for bringing up such a lovely child:-)

My TT is up

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Happy Birthday Joshua! You might be raising a computer wizard.
Mine is up too.

Raggedy said...

Happy Birthday Joahua!
The post was a beautiful tribute to your son.
My TT is up

Raggedy said...

Joshua...grrrr typos

Tanya said...

Lovely! Hope he has a great party.

armywife said...

those are just too cute; every child is a gift from God.
great list. i've posted too at
http://blog.myspace.com/christengarland

Carmen said...

happy birthday to your baby. :)

Shalee said...

What an adorable list... Happy B-day Joshua! Now you are more than a whole hand!

Enjoy this special day.

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Joshua! What a great kid!

Barbara said...

Sounds like you have a 'little genius' coming along. Happy Birthday, Joshua. I have a 17 1/2 yr old Grandson named Joshua.

Thanks for visiting.

Pixie said...

Happy 6th Birthday Joshua! Have an awesome day!

6 is a great age. My daughter turned 6 in April & I'm always amazed in the changes she's made since being 5. Are we starting 1st grade this year?

Thanks for stopping by my TT. :-)

Mama Duck said...

Awww, sounds like my little guy. Happy birthday to him!

Amanda said...

HAppy Birthday Joshua! He sounds like a great little person!

Lyn said...

Great birthday gift. Thanks for visiting FBO and my T13 - Bible Misquotes Edition.

Lisa said...

Happy B-day Joshua. He sounds like such an angel. I can totally relate to "labor day" I got the shakes really bad too. Way to go mom, you have done a great job! Thanks for sharing.

Leanne said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Joshua! What a smart little man, you beam with pride! Hugs to you both today!!

Unknown said...

Sweet things, Happy Birthday to your joy! My son is 11 mos. old and I am sure he will have great things for me to be proud of as he grows, I am already so proud of him. What a strong boy you have! My list is up!

Bar L. said...

I don't do T-13 any more but wanted to drop by and wish Joshua a happy birthday!

Lisa said...

Awww ... I loved that he walked RIGHT TO YOU! That is sweet!

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th Birthday Joshua! :) My son doesn't like potatos either - likes the chips and fries. ;) Hope ya'll have a great fun day!!!

Maribeth said...

my nephew was diagnosed with diabetes at 18 months. That was long ago back when you needed a urine sample to test for sugar levels. We had to wrinbg out the diapers to get the sample. Needless to say he was cup trained quickly.
Tim was so brave. I've be giving him his insulin and I would cry and he'd say, "It's okay Aunt Maribeth, It doesn't hurt at all."

Lazy Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Joshua. What a wonderful blessing you recieved! My TT is up.

Lady Jane said...

Happy Birthday to Joshua!

I love potatoes! :) But, when I was little, my dad said we were going to have mashed potatoes and I said, "I don't want potatoes, I want French Fries!"

I hope you all have a lovely day!

YellowRose said...

Happy Birthday to you son!!! Beautiful tribute!

Happy Thursday!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!! He sounds wonderful! I have four boys and just love them to pieces...they are fun to raise!!

My TT is up here

MaR said...

Awwwm, happy birthday Joshua, I am sure you all had a happy thursday!!