»

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Appetizer
Tell about a toy you remember from your childhood.
One of my favorite toys growing up is a PogoStick my father bought me for Christmas one year. I think I was 8. He would steady me until I got jumping straight up and balanced.
Soup
If you could make one thing in the world absolutely free for everyone, what would it be?
Free Meds. for terminally ill or anyone who needs meds to live a normal life. For instance my son. You would think someone would either find a cure for Type 1 diabetes or just give insulin away Hell, I don't know how seniors on Medicare even afford medications, on Social Security!
It amazes me how much Americans pay for medications.IMHO!
Salad
Approximately how many times per day do you think about your significant other?
First thing in the morning when I get my cup of coffee. Anytime of the day I see or hear something that reminds me of him. Then around 1:30 or 2:30 in the afternoon, either I'll call him, or he'll call me and tell me he's on his way home. I'd almost say we think alike, because sometimes, I'm calling him the same time he's calling me!
Main Course
What is something you believe in 100%?
With all my heart that there is a God who picks me up and carries me, when I can't make it through my day! Honestly, I'm a pretty strong woman physically, and emotionally(mentally), I can stand up for myself and my family, but when I hit the wall and can't take another day with my son's Diabetes, God's there (my family too) letting me know, I'm doing a wonderful job taking care of my son and teaching him what he needs and how he'll need to take care of himself. It's a huge job, and since I'm not a nurse, not to mention I HATE Needles....All I can say is, he's the reason, I made it through 2 yrs of giving injections and getting up in the middle of the night to check my son's Blood Sugar, so he wouldn't go too low.
Dessert
Name one thing you have done this week that you would consider a "good deed." Let's see my good deed for the week. Hmmmmm.....I would have to say just being thoughtfull of my family and thinking of their well being. I'm thankfull for all they do and are doing for my family.Like my In-Laws and my Mother and her husband, my grandparents, and my brother....
Trying to keep us all close and connected, and to show my kids that each one of them is special to me and I love each and every one of them with all my heart.
That's all I can think of!

12 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

I love your main course. It is difficult dealing with diabetes and a child. I have a friend who found out a few years back that her son had diabetes. I have it too but I'm type 2.

Hang in there. YOu sound life a terrific, caring Mom. :)

My feast is up.

Unknown said...

kudos to you for taking care of your diabetic son. That's tough work. being a diabetic I know!

great feasting!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You have served a great feast. Adored your feast from Appetizer to dessert.
My Feast is up too.

Anonymous said...

Great Feast! We so aggree on our soup!

Take care,
Connie

My feast is up!

Melli said...

LOL! We had a pogo stick when I was a kid -- I wasn't any good at it, but my sister was the pogo champion of the world!!! She pogo'd for like 4 hours one day... it was insane! Great feast! Enjoyed it all!

Margaret said...

I tried a pogo stick and couldn't get it going. Way to go! Take care and Happy Friday. -Margie

Wystful1 said...

Your dessert is all we needed. Sweet, sweet sweet!!!

Wonderful feast, the entire menu!!

My feast is served.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Free medicine would be a wonderful thing...if only it could happen!

Mine's up, too :)

Twisted Cinderella said...

I love your main course and your dessert! Great feast, mine is served too!

Catch said...

I like this..I will do it on my blog next week... you hit the nail on the head with free meds....great post Sweety!

Haleigh Anne said...

Hello. It's been a while. I've been busy.

I like this meal. Lots of good things in it. :)

I hope to be visiting more often now.

Haleigh Anne said...

P.S. I just found out that the county that I live in (Collin County, Texas) gives all residents (no matter their age or income is) a 20% off prescription card that is good just about everywhere and for most meds. All you have to do is pick one up and use it.

You should check into it for your county or pressure them to do the same.