»

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Portulaca Grandifora
Continuing my Quest for plants which can survive a day or two without water, and can withstand the high temps. here in AZ. this week's addition is this gorgeous Salmon pink color
Portulaca. They are low growing succulents, that are good plants for rock gardens,
and for spots with poor soil.
I also bought some Sweet Red Bell pepper seeds, which I'll start tomorrow! My husband likes Stuffed Peppers, and I thought peppers do really good in the heat, and from now until almost the end of November the weather will be great to start them.
Everyone enjoy the rest of their day!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Thanks for coming by.
I think we have a miniature version of that for Canada.
It has only tiny flowers on it.
I have a bit.
Alot got broken up in one of our garden redo's.

Wendy Ann Edwina D'Cunha e Pereira said...

Lovely flower. Looks nice & brigh... will definitely add a lot of colour to any garden... My husband and I like growing things as well. Luckily, we have a terrace, where we can keep pots & grow what we like...

FruitfulSpirit said...

My mom planted this all over the yard in odd places year ago. The Florida heat did not seem to harm it. And a bit of water seemed to make it really grow.

Good luck with the peppers! Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!

guppyman said...

The previous owners of my house planted some of these in a flowerbed out back.... They all seemed to have died in the bed, but lived on out in the yard....