»

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hurricane Katrina- A year Later!!
All week, I've been thinking back to last year when this devasting event occured, and how it affected our Nation! How it changed lives and families!
My daughter's friend at school, her grand-parents live in Mississippi, and told my daughter the story of how her 72 yr. old grandfather made it out alive with his house completely flooded with water to the ceiling. Her grandparents came out here to live with her family, until they could get back on their feet. They went back and rebuilt and started over.
I don't know if I could do that. Am I wrong to think that this could happen again? While I admire their courage, and understanding that they have their roots deep with their friends, and their business. After all the devastation, and losing everything and coming close to losing your life, would you go back, and take the chance of losing it all again?
What I did enjoyed looking at are pics of THEN and NOW!
**On a happier note for today in rememberance of Katrina,
Jamie over at DSP created a dig- scrap kit! You can find out more HERE!
I'll be posting my layout tonight!

No comments: