»

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Banner courtesy of Novelist in Training! 13 Places I have been and Things I have done!

1.) I grew up in So. Cal. , so we did Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World, and San Diego Zoo. I've been to the L.A. Zoo too, but that was too much walking. Also Sherman Gardens, a gorgeous nursery in Corona Del Mar, CA. If you like horseracing, I can say I'd been to Santa Anita, and bet on a horse that won, I also remember the name Buttercup on the Rocks. Took a trip to Catalina Island. Also did Magic Mountain in Valencia,CA!

2.) We moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico. I think I'll post a couple pics. of when we went to The Hot Air Balloon Festival there. Santa Fe's a great city too! 3.) We took a 3-Day cruise from SanDiego to Ensenada, Mexico. If you haven't been on a cruise, I have one thing to say about that, the rooms are very small, but I loved the buffets, and once I got my sea legs, just enjoying watching the ocean. 4.) Now this trip, I'll never forget. We spent a month in Mexico. Comparing L.A. to Mexico City, Mexico City is 10X bigger. We visited and climbed the pyramids. The Valley of the Kings is breathtaking. On our trip, we visited, Cuarnavaca, where Emperor Maximillian's home is now a public Garden. I drank Pina Coladas in Acapulco. Saw the cliff divers. Now that's something to see. Another charming city is Taxco, which reminded me of a quaint European city. Winding old world cobblestone streets. It's a silver mining town, so of course I bought lots of silver jewelry real cheap. 5.) Washington D.C. is a great city! We visited all the memorials. I'd love to go back, there were so many things we didn't get to see and do.

6.)Took a prop plane ride in North Carolina. Went to visit my brother in the Marines at Camp LaJeune. I felt like I was going to fall out of the plane. 7.) Las Vegas- Here's the link to that trip! 8.) El Paso, TX- You can see straight across the Rio Grande to Mexico.There is no comparing the border cities of Juarez and Mexicali to the rest of Mexico. Shopping and Restaurants are great, but honestly I found the farther South you go, much greener and prettier. 9.) For skiing trips, I've been To BigBear,CA, BrianHead, UT, and Ruidoso N,M! 10.) For waterskiing, had fun on 2 skis in the Colorado River. 11.) My brother lived in Parker, AZ for a little, and that was the first time I'd ever jet skiied down the River. 12.) I love to visit my grandparents in Prescott,AZ! Coming up in the Fall, they have a DownTown Arts and Crafts festivals every weekend! I like to take the kids to Youngs Farm for their Pumpkin Patch! So I'm looking forward to that trip coming soon!

13.) Arizona, I've been here almost 8 yrs. and there is so much more to see, than the Grand Canyon and Sedona, but the Grand Canyon is breathtaking and Sedona is gorgeous.Here's a link to all the things I've done or would like to do in AZ!Sometime tomorrow, I'll post a couple pics, If Blogger doesn't experience any technical difficulties! Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

22 comments:

*~*Michelle*~* said...

I have never been to DC, or out west and those are places I'd like to visit -- great list!

My TT is up. Happy Thursday!

Lifecruiser said...

Oh, I really liked this T13 and the other one too.

Yes, thanks, I want to go to all those places.....

*dreaming*

Lisa said...

Great TT - on my to do list - visit the US and some of the fabulous places you have!!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Great TT! I love to travel. I hope to get to some of those places too!

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I think the only two places I've been that you listed are the Colorado River and DC :))

Have a great Thursday! My TT is up, too!

Frances D said...

I've only been to Washington DC, and I really liked it, definitely want to go back.
I love lists like yours - especially the pics.
My TT is up.
Take care and enjoy the holiday,
Frances

Christina said...

Great list! You've been to many of the places I'm hoping to visit one day. Thanks for sharing all of your memories!

Kimmy said...

Wow! Great list! So many places I'd love to visit. My daddy wants to take us to Arlington. He's been to Washington a few times for the military and always visited Arlington, but he wants us all to go as a family.
Happy T13! My list is up!

guppyman said...

Looks like a blast! Isn't it great to look back and see where you've been and things you've done... great memories...

Heather Smith said...

Sounds like you've had great trips! One day I will travel. I will! I just need to get somebody rich to give me the money!

Courtney said...

I enjoyed your list. I love to travel too. Thanks for visiting me today :)

Texas Peaches said...

WOW! Great list!

My TT is up! :-)

Kimba said...

Great list! For all the places I've been in the world, I've never been anywhere west of the Mississippi.

Stop by my list!

Southern Girl said...

Those are some great places! I visited CA when I was five and went to Disneyland, but otherwise I missed out on the rest of the other So. CA places -- I need to go back and hit the rest of them. :)

My TT is up, too:
http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com

YellowRose said...

I love going on cruises, taking another on in October!

Never been to AZ, but I want to go! Looks wonderful!

Happy TT, thanks for stopping by the garden today!

Renee Nefe said...

I did a "Sleepin Around" post once of all the places I've slept. It drew in quite a bit of traffic and some good comments too...None were bad.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Barbara said...

I've been to DC, the only place on your site where I have been. I lived in TX for a year, but never made it to El Paso, which I would love to go some day. Nice list.

My TT is up.

Candy Minx said...

What an incredible travel list. I am fascinated by Mexico City and really want to go...sounds HUGE!!! MY sister has been there many times and loves it.

Your trips and family visits must really be amazing to naturally be in such cool places. I have been to Grand Canyon, L.A. and Tijauan...but not the area and desert as extensively as you. They are places I would love to spend time in...I love the history there and I love novels set in those places. Like Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy.

You did an awesome job here today with the photos and notes an excellent TT.

Here is my TT and hope you have a chance to drop by...
Cheers Candy


http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-i-spent-my-summer-vacation.html

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had lots of fun and adventures. I've never been that far out West; I've always wanted to go and can't wait until we do. :o) My oldest son, D, wants to see the pyramids in Mexico. We look on Google Earth at them. I want to see the Grand Canyon! You are so lucky to see them. :o)

Tink said...

Wow, quite a list! I'd love to visit all of those places. One day I will!
Thanks for stopping by.

MaR said...

I'd like to pack my suitcase right now!! happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Love AZ...sedona was my favorite...just did DC last November