»

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Kudos to Kailani for the T13 Header! T13-#15
For this T13, I wanted to find out from everyone, which Childrens Story was your favorite growing up, or one you like to read to your children/child.
So I'll start it off , and then I'll add 12 answers!
2.)Mrs Doodlepunk -Blogging Outloud
3.)Goodnight Moon -Emily Rose Jewel
4.)Boxcar Children-Pass the Torch
5.)Emily's Moo-Southeren Girl
6.)Chicken Little-Barb
7.)The Munch Bunch- My 2 Cents
8.)The Chronicles of Narnia-Jen
9.)The Bobbsie Twins-Catch
10.)The Brothers Grimm-E
11.)Mother Goose-Something's Missing
12.)Picture Bible-Jenny
13.)The Pokey Little Puppy-Carmen
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

26 comments:

Lyn said...

I liked Mrs Doodlepunk - ever hear of it? lol My T13 - Classic Books I've Never Read Edition is up at Bloggin' Outloud. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Justice's favorite book is Goodnight Moon and I love reading to him. We got Where is Spot tonight from Booksamillion, it was on sale for $3.00. I am so glad he loves to be read to. My list is up!

Kelly Curtis said...

Okay - this is a great idea! For me, it was the whole series of Boxcar Children.

Southern Girl said...

When I was a tiny tot, it was a book called Emily's Moo. As I got older, I adored the Little House on the Praire books.

My TT is up, too!
http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Chicken Little, among a thousand others! There was one particular book, though, that my son loved, and I can't remember the name right off hand, and can't find the book. Hey, that was many moons ago!

My TT is up.

K said...

I loved the Velveteen Rabbit also! Other favorites were the Munch Bunch series or The Berenstein Bears.

Jen said...

We all love The Chronicles of Narnia!

Thanks for stopping by my Birthday 13! :-)

Catch said...

I read all the Bobbsey Twins stories

ezri.blue said...

I loved everything by the Brothers Grimm when I was a kid!

*~*Michelle*~* said...

I always loved my big Mother Goose book. There was so much to read there, and it was all different.

Fun idea for a list!

My Thursday Thirteen is up!

Happy Thursday!

Virginia Revoir said...

I love reading to the kids their Toddler Bible because they can read bible stories without it being too wordy. They just love all the great stories about the giant, the big boat, and the lions. It's great.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

My favorite was The Velveteen Rabbit. This is a great idea!

Have a nice Thursday!

I'll try to get something up later today ;~)

Carmen said...

The pokey little puppy when I was really little. :)

Just D said...

I like to read "You are my I Love You" to my kids...a very very sweet book! Also, anything by Max Lucado for children.

Anonymous said...

The cordouroy bear. I know it by heart. (and I'm sure I butchered the spelling of that.

Lynn said...

I really cannot remember what my mother read to me....by favorite book that I read as a youth was Little Women. The book DD1 loved for me to read outloud to her was Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Suess. She also loved Goodnight Moon.

Great idea!

Maribeth said...

A Children's Book of Poetry.
I wish I had a copy. My sister has it.(Mom always liked her best!)

Raggedy said...

Robert the Rose Horse.
I think this is a great list. I did not put my name in your linky list because I didn't play this week but I have a little bit of time to visit the ones that posted...
Have a wonderful day!
Thanks for Thirteening!

Amanda said...

When I was a kids, I read the whole Bobbsie Twins series and a whole lot of Enid Blyon books. I think Enid Blyton is popular in the UK rather than here.

Unknown said...

My daughter loves Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? I used to love this book called The Littlest Prince.

Frances D said...

I love a book called All of a Kind Family and the Little House books.
Are You There God It's Me Margaret? was my favorite pre-teen book.
Thanks for sharing.
My TT is up.
Take care,
Frances

Debby said...

Great idea! A couple of those I remember quite well.
Happy Thursday!

Hausfrau said...

Charlotte's Web and the Boxcar Children.

Lisa said...

What a great Idea. Mine was the Giving Tree By Shel Stevenson. I dont know why, but I used to love that book. That and Where the Sidewalk Ends!

sobeit said...

This is a great list. I don't remember a lot of the books that I read. I know I liked "Island of the Blue Dolphins" and the "Little House on the Prarie" series. Your list does contain some of my favorites for teaching! Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Kelli
http://sobeit89.squarespace.com

Anonymous said...

Hairy McClairy of Donaldson's Diary was my favourite!