»

Thursday, September 07, 2006

13 Things I Love to do On A Rainy Day!

With today promising a major Thunderstorm, and temperatures dropping to hopefully 80Fs, I love rainy days!

1.) Curl up on the couch with a good book!

2.) With a nice warm fuzzy blanket!

3.)In my nice comfy P.J.s!

4.) With a nice HOT cup of Tea with milk and sugar!

5.) If I'm in a baking mood, it would be chocolate chip cookies, but today, I'm baking a Spice cake with Cream Chz frosting!

6.) I love to play games with my family. The new game the kids love to play is Sequence Jr.

7.) Taking a walk in the rain. A light rain, I wouldn't want to take one when it's pouring down buckets.

8.) Sit outside and feel refreshed! OK, it's my choice not to go outside when it's 110F during the summer, so when it rains I just enjoy the nice cool, and clean (not dusty) smell it brings.

9,)Looking at all the plants, and flowers come to life too! Most of them burned by the scorching sun, it's nice to see them enjoy the rain too!

10.) While I'm curled up on the couch and NOT reading, I'd be listening to some soft relaxing music and talking with my family! Finding out what my kids are thinking (inquiring minds want to know), or what's on my husband's agenda!

11.)Watch a good LONG movie like Titanic, or LOTR! 12.) While eating Kettle corn! 13.) Some times I just like to listen to the rain and the Thunder and Lighting. Reminds me of the Sound of Music where all the kids jump in bed and Sing ,"These are a few of my Favorite Things!"

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

*PS...Not sure what happened, but with Mr. Linky, I had to adjust my sidebars, and now my Blog is off center....Can anyone help....Pretty, Please!! TIA!!**

11 comments:

Carmen said...

i like to sleep in and pull the covers over my head. :)

Kukka-Maria said...

Makes me want a thunderstorm! I love it when it's a fall Saturday morning and you wake up to dark skies--ready to release rain. You stay in bed, or grab a blanket and hit the couch with a movie.

Seems like evening, but you know you can do this all day if you want!

Great list!

MaR said...

I'll have to remember your list this weekend, thunderstorms are coming this way! I love them when we are all safe indoors. Nice list.
(I would ask Mr Linky directly, he's the nicest one and very helpful!)
Happy TT!

Zeus said...

I thought it was so funny you mentioned LOTR since that seems to be the movie trilogy choice for rainy days here as well. Sipping tea, enjoying a good book, and staying in the pajamas are also classic staples!

Terrific list, and I hope you enjoyed your rainy day!

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me, Christine!

Tracy S said...

Ohhhh I LOVE the smell of rain too. I am one that will go out in it and walk or sit and enjoy. It always cracks me up when people act like they are going to melt when it starts raining..lol

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Great List. Enjoy being comfy.
Thanks for stopping by.

Tracie Nall said...

That is a perfect rainy day list, except I will have honey in my tea. I love the rainy days!

My TT is up!

Southern Girl said...

Rainy days are my favorite kinds of days! Bonus points if it's a nice summer thunder and rain storm. I like to curl up in bed and let it lull me to sleep. :)

Great list!

Kelly Curtis said...

This is a great idea for a TT! Mine this week was about Grandparent's Day (Sunday!)

Kelly
Home of Pass the Torch Tuesday

Renee Nefe said...

Thanks for stopping by my TT while I was gone. Here's what we were up to...The Camping Reports

We had camping rain. :D