»

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

After reading Kelly's post at Pass the Torch, really made me think. I've also been participating in Tricia's Green Thumb Sunday. You see my mother had a gorgeous garden, and I have pretty much a black thumb. Thinking back, it would have been cool for her to share her passion for growing things, but I think now, it was a type of therapy for her, where for me it just would mean another responsibility, to have to take care of. My kids on the other hand are getting curious at the new things I'm doing. Growing vegetables, and tending to my plants. My little one,actually enjoys helping me water them. My son helps me plant the seeds, and is so excited when he gets home from school to see his new baby plants grow. And my oldest likes helping me in setting the plants out in the garden.So in a sense what I thought would be more responsibility for me is actually a great way to pass on my passion and dream in sharing it with my kids, and having them help. Is there something that you enjoying doing with your children?

5 comments:

Kelly Curtis said...

I enjoy doing photography with my daughter, and we arranged a digital photo album as well. My son loves to go fishing with his dad (and Grandpa.) My mom loves to garden too. And I hate it. We sound a lot alike. But when my kids visited her this weekend, they helped her harvest the vegetables. It's pretty cool.

I've added your link to my Mr. Linky at Pass the Torch. Your kids helping you to plant the seeds and water the plants is so clearly passing the torch.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a really good idea. Yesterday I pulled a lot of weeds. They were everywhere. And we put fire ant stuff on the mounds, so we can plant some kind of flowers. That is great getting the kids involved. :)

Catch said...

My kids are grown and moved out, but I enjoy doing different things with my grandchildren and have far more patience now than when I was younger. I can sit and play with play dough or matchbox cars, or just take a walk with them and its enjoyable.

Looney Mom™ said...

Hi there. Thanks for signing my guestbook. I've linked you. I'll be back around!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks about Wibs Christine!!! :)