»

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Katrina at Callapidders Days has come up with a great idea for this fall. She's created the Fall Into Reading Challenge. She's asking us to come up with a list of books we'll read between September 23rd and December 21st. OK! I love to read.So, while I'm waiting in the car to pick my kids up from school,I'll pick up a book and read as well. I'd also like to read one book to each of the young ones, have my 6yr old help me read them, and have my oldest daughter choose one, so both of us can take turns reading outloud to each other.
HERE'S MY LIST

1.)Eleven on Top (A Stephanie Plum Novel) Eleven on Top (A Stephanie Plum Novel) .If I like this one I might start at #1!
My Goal is to finish this in 6 wks, and
the last 6 wks. It doesn't come out until Oct. 6, so I'm pre-ordering it. It reminded me of , Gift Gift
I love Thomas Kinkade's pictures, and I was looking for a good Holiday Book.

3.)Death on the Nile: Hercule Poirot Series Death on the Nile: Hercule Poirot Series .My oldest daughter loves everything that has to do with Egypt. I read this several times, a very long time ago. This book, I thought she'd enjoy a quick read with me, and she even requested I not SPOIL it for her.

4.)Stuart Little Stuart Little , If the kids like this one, I'll add

The Twelve Dancing Princesses The Twelve Dancing Princesses ,for my 3yo daughter, and

Jack and the Beanstalk Jack and the Beanstalk . I can't resist a good Fairy Tale, can you!

So come and join us! You might even find some new books to pick up and never put down!

*I just love Eleven on Top, Had me laughing from the beginning. I don't think I'll be able to put this one down!*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bookmarked the url, 'cos Soma is in his big bro's room. eek. :)

Looney Mom™ said...

I want to thank you so much for your prayers, thoughts, and kind words of encouragement. I appreciate how quickly other bloggers really lift up one another in times of need. It's just so amazing to me.

Southern Girl said...

If you're enjoying "Eleven on Top" then I think you'd love "One for the Money" and the others -- I actually thought #11 was one of the weakest of her books. The first several though had me laughing out loud (usually late at night and waking up the whole house!). :)

Catch said...

I love reading a book I dont want to put down...usually a good mystery

Unknown said...

I loved the Christmas Angel. The whole Cape Light series was great. I was the moderator of a cape light yahoo group

Andrew McAllister said...

Hi Christine,

I'm blown away! I just noticed you nominated my site under "Most Unique Blog" over at Mysterious Lady's place. Thank you! I'm truly honored.

Hope you're having a great weekend,
Andrew

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I've seen Janet Evanovich popping up on several people's lists - I'm definitely going to have to try one of hers. Thanks for joining the challenge!

April said...

Hi ,
I am just browsing through everyone's list. So glad I stopped by . I am a HUGE Kinkade fan and I had no idea he had a book out. Thanks! Good luck with your goal.
April

Kelly Curtis said...

I really love this idea. I just wish I could commit to reading. I would SO love it, but just don't think I can find the time right now. But on vacations, I always indulge, so I've enjoyed seeing everyone's posts to pick my next vacation book!

I read the Gift also - great story!

Kelly
30 Days of Gratitude

heidi @ ggip said...

I have fond memories of my mom helping me read Stuart Little and Charlotte's Web. I hope your kids enjoy them too.