»

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Beautiful Banner Courtesy of Wystful
It's Quote time again.
Here are 13 great Quotes!
1.)I never married because I have three pets at home that answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog that growls every morning, a parrot that swears all afternoon and a cat that comes home late at night. - Author: Marie Corelli
2.)Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts. Author: Sigmund Freud 1856-1939, Austrian Physician
3.)I like nonsense -- it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope... and that enables you to laugh at all of life's realities. Author: Dr. Seuss 1904-1991, American Writer and Illustrator of Children's Books
4.)Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!
- Inigo Montoya The Princess Bride
5.)A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. Author: Bernard Meltzer
6.)Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought. Let us have faith that right makes might and in that faith let us; to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it. Author: Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865, Sixteenth President of the USA
7.)All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!Lucy Van Pelt (in Peanuts, by Charles M. Schulz)
8.)Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderalla
9.)Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.Charles Dickens
10.)I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.Mother Teresa
11.) Chinese proverb -The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.
I can totally relate to this one, especially when it comes to coffee, chocolate and blogging! :P
12.) Donald Rumsfeld -As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don’t know we don’t know.
WHAT!
13.)Theodore Roosevelt -Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
This is how I feel this week!

ab1879v_bpoppies-of-toscano-i-posters.jpg

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

15 comments:

Tizzie said...

These are fantastic. My favourite has to be #5!

Anonymous said...

My fav is number 7 but this is someone who loves chocolate and coffee as if they were family!

Great TT!

Twisted Cinderella said...

As a confessed chocoholic and coffeeholic I complete adore 37 but I have to say I love this one the best.

"Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderalla"

Raggedy said...

I love quotes so I really enjoyed your TT..
Great List
Mine is up too

betsy said...

these are all great! I personally relate with #11!

thanks! happy thursday!

Southern Girl said...

Boy, Lucy really spoke the truth in #7! ;)

Neat list! Thanks for visiting mine. :)

Jane said...

I loved quote #1. They are all great quotes. Abraham Lincoln's quote is so beautiful. What a gifted speaker he was.
My T13 is up, come on by.

Kelly Curtis said...

Number 4 is my favorite of all time! I so need to watch that show again!

Kelly
I’m looking for feedback.

JAM said...

Great set of quotes, especially the Dr. Seuss one. I'd never heard that. And the Rumsfeld one too. Sounds like how I get tongue tied trying to explain things from time to time. -- JAM

My T13 is up at http:/jamspeaks.blogspot.com/

Candy Minx said...

Great varied list of quotes, I like how they go all over the places. I love to collect quotes and keep them in a sketch book. Sometimes I pull it out now and then and have completelyforgotten what they said...and get re-inspired. Thanks for a good list!

My TT is up...

http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/2006/09/thirteen-things-i-can-do-to-save-world_14.html

Frances D said...

Nice collection.
The Freud one was my favorite.
Happy TT
Take care,
Frances

Maribeth said...

LOL Great list. Mine's up!

Anonymous said...

I love #1! Fun list

My Shoes said...

i can really relate to 1 6 and 7. nice list

BlondeBrony said...

I love number 1, 5 and 7.
Great list.
Happy TT!